Robots in the worldThe robots in the world in video.
Africa: Sam 10
Africa embarks in robotics with SAM10, an android robot built entirely with elements from recovery. Yet he is able to move!
Sam Todo, a Togolese, is obsessed with robots. He gave his name to a model he made himself from parts of television sets.
Besides the challenge he sees in this embodiment a means to encourage young Africans to turn to science.
China : Android Dion
A very sexy android and she sings. Or rather, she has a tape recorder hidden in his chest because technically, this robot is very limited. She just moves his lips imperceptibly!
But as shown in the video, this robot tape deserves still talking about, because it shows that a machine can be quite sexy, and does not resemble the Terminator or ABC robots of the film Judge Dredd!
Dion is a Chinese production and not Japanese or Korean as most androids.
Nao is a programmable robot for entertainment. and research. The manufacturer studies specially the interaction between humans and robots.
Japon: DER 2
A stunning realistic android. DER2 speaks and have expressions perfectly as human and worthy of a TV presenter!
The speech and lip movements are not synchronized, but it is also the case when we see a foreign film whose voices are local.
This android would already be able to present a program!
Produced jointly by NASA and General Motor, the robonaute is designed to work with a team of workers or human scientists.
NASA will send it into space where he can perform dangerous missions. General Motors wants it to work in its factories with production workers.
Robots by countries
All major Japanese companies have a robot model in their catalog. In Europe and the USA on the contrary, these are specialized companies that engage in robotics, with notable exceptions such as Robonaute from General Motors in collaboration with NASA.
- Aldebaran. France. Robot and entertainment company. Moves independently.
- ALSOK. Japan. Reborg-Q is a gatekeeper that controls the entry and exit of people and can recognize faces.
- Fraunhofer. Germany. Care-o-bot assists humans and made among them.
- General Motors and NASA. USA. Robonaute is designed to work in collaboration with human workers, whether in a factory or in space.
- Honda. Japan. Asimo walking and can recognize objects.
- Iran. Surena-2 is able to walk and is intended to carry out dangerous. Its functions are not disclosed. It measures 1.45 m. and weighs 45 kg.
- Misubishi. Japan. Wakamaru have human expressions. To live among men he recognizes faces and words.
- Osaka University and Koroko Company. Japan. Actroid mimics a person and is intended to fill specialized roles in being able to respond to human interventions.
- Pal Technology. Europe. Reem-B responds to the voice, walk and manipulate objects.
- Riken. Japan. Ri-Man wants to help the patient in a medical environment.
- RobotCub. Europe. iCub looks like a small child and used to study the machine in a human environment.
- Robotics Lab. Spain. Maggie sets to study human interactions.
- Toyota. Japan. MDT (Home Assistant Robot), knows how to move around the house and perform simple tasks (eg connect a device).
- You Delft. Netherlands. Flame on and in fact serves to study the locomotion to build prostheses.
- Yasakawa Electric. Japan. Motorman, programmable robot is used by a restaurant to prepare food simply and workshops to sort stocks.