How to improve the PageRank?
The score of confidence and popularity of a page, which is more or less represented by a green bar in the toolbar of Google, depends on the number and quality of backlinks to this page, but how they are taken into account depends on many criteria.
To best meet these criteria, here is a list of things to do:
- Put internal links between pages of your website, except to the pages that are unlikely to receive links from other sites.
- Avoid to put too much links on a same page (towards your pages or to external
- Avoid the "nofollow" attribute, example: <a http://www.sitexxx.com
rel="nofollow" >The site</a>, or lose 2 points of PageRank.
Use the nofollow attribute only to pages that should not appear in Google's index, and not for other reasons.
- Don't put a link to a page with with no content or no quality.
- Put an unique link to a friend website, rather than a link among a lot.
- Get quality backlinks. Apart Dmoz and some others, directories are not interesting.
Write articles for magazines with backlinks to your website.
Link bait is the best natural way to get quality backlinks.
- Create interesting and unique content. Let it known by other websites to gain backlinks from them.
- A page must have an unique, well-defined topic. The PR of a page depends upon a group of keywords, or several groups of keywords in the page, actually.
- Add more pages to your website (but with different contents).
- Be patient. You have to wait for months before you can view the effects of your work.
- The PageRank patent gives many indications of how it is calculated.
- The Google's algorithm determines the ranking of a page in results depending on PageRank and other criteria to form its score.
- How to obtain backlinks. Natural tips to get quality backlinks.