Social bookmarking sites
The idea of making public his favorites and share them with others have been made popular by the del.icio.us website, bought by Yahoo and became delicious.com. It has many imitators.
In fact the idea of social bookmarking was widespread and is found in social networks, and some digg-likes work similarly.
Sites of social bookmarking:
- Feed manager. Flow manager, resold by Yahoo! in 2010.
- Similar to delicious.
- Look a the name.
- Created in 2004 and aimed to scientists (you can bookmark any page however).
The code of the site is provided as open source.
- Was founded in 2003 and bought by Yahoo in 2005. Sold again by Yahoo! in 2011. Claims more than five million users. Nofollow, no index, just for personnal bookmarks.
- Goes further than other sites because it allows you to mark parts of a page added to favorites.
Merged with furl.net that was founded in 2003 and bought in 2004 by Looksmart.
- 43 millions websites for now. Do follow.
- Non-commercial site aimed at complying with social networks.
- European site created in March 2006 by Kai Tietjen in germany.
- Favorites manager with a drag and drop interface. Do follow.
- Communities based on shared interests. Bought in May 2007 by eBay for $ 75 millions.
Social network sites can also allow to share his favorites ...