C to C++ Converter
Made in 2001 by Denis Sureau, convert sources of a C project to C++. Converting your project to C++ prevent conflits in identifiers, and ease to reuse your code.
Written in Python, it runs on any system.
GNU GPL license. Requires Python 2.x.
Script that translates C to C++ in some steps:
- generating classes,
- converting functions to methods,
- replacing calls to functions by references to methods.
The main script calls other specialized ones but you can also proceed step
by step and modify manually the results of a step before to start the next
This tool is not easy to use. It is for experienced programmers.
- You need for Python to run the scripts.
- The converter works better with a well formatted and indented source. C, C++ formatters are available on the net.
- You need for makeinfo to rebuild the doc.
Before to start the scripts, you should print the CTOCPP.INFO manual,
and read carefully the step by step chapter.
- Search Performs search / replacement in a file.
- Mover Move a whole project from one or more directories to a single or several differents directories. Of course, the "#include" statements are updated...
- Mklist Given the name of the file that holds the main function, recursively make a list of all files in a projet.
This program is provided as is and it is probable that it becomes incompatible with successive versions and Python. No support is given.
Also available on: