Download Advanced Explorer
5.4 - January 25, 25
- Compatible with Electron 11.
5.3 - May 22, 2020
- The last file edited always comes first in the list of recent files.
5.2 - January 17, 2020
- Incompatibilities have appeared with the latest version of Node, and A.E. has been updated.
5.1 - February 18, 2019
- EXIF data are now displayed for a JPEG file, when available.
- You may now click on an image in the right panel to display a larger view, in a new window.
5.0 - January 18, 2018
- Advanced Explorer switches to a dark theme to preserve your sight.
- In the recent file lists, the last ones are now added at the top and not at the end of the list.
4.5 - June 26, 2017
- PDF files are now displayed in a windows, rather that by loading a browser.
4.4 - May 18, 2017.
- New dialog box with 3 buttons to ask to save the current document before to clear or replace the content.
4.3 - April 24, 2017.
- New dialog boxes for the copy/rename function and for creating a folder. (Now I use the HTML <dialog> tag).
- Modified the code to run on Linux.
- Option to show or not files whose name starts with a dot.
4.2 - April 3, 2017.
- Displays markdown files with .md extension files as HTML documents.
- Various minor improvements to the interface.
4.1 - April 1, 2017.
- Changed the bookmarks window that appeared as the file panel and now appears in a tooltip. This greatly simplifies access to favorites.
- Added the list of recent directories, in which a document was viewed, in addition to the list of favorites.
4.0 - March 21, 2017. Major update.
- Replaced WebSocket by IPC, which makes the program faster and more responsive.
- The editor's save window is replaced with a native dialog box.
- The zip.exe archive creation program is used by default for Windows and is included in AExplorer.
- The archive creation interface uses a dynamic frame instead of the prompt browser's command.
- Removed the ws module.
3.3 - March 15, 2017
- Created a widget to replace the prompt method missing in Electron. This allow to make copy/rename and make dir to work again.
3.2 - January 24, 2017
- PDF files are now displayed by Chrome if it is installed.
- When we take a recently edited file, we go back to the location in the file where we left it.
3.1 - January 21, 2017
- Content of files is now displayed in a window rather than by a browser. The window uses Chromium.
3.0 - January 16, 2017
- Works now with Electron, which must be installed separatly.
- Icon to create a subdirectoy removed. Now it is created directly in the path field.
2.7 - March 22, 2016.
- Project management removed from the editor to make it simpler and replaced by the list of recent files. (Project management is still integrated to Advanced Editor, a spin-off).
- A save window with file system browsing is added to the editor.
2.6 - August 11, 2015
- Added a search tool in the box.
- Fixed a bug in the display of images.
2.5 - February 20, 2015.
- The editor now displays the name of the file being edited on the top right.
- Added the Hello demo application in the box, it shows how to establish a dual TCP native and WebSocket connection.
- Added PNG image compression application in the box.
2.4 - January 20, 2015
- Added a search-replace button to the editor.
- Boxes are now implemented.
2.2 - January 12, 2015
- It is now possible to change the theme and the font size of the editor in the setup panel.
- A project manager is now added to the editor.
2.1 - December 29, 2014
- Source code files now have a special icon. When you click on a file with this icon, it is directly displayed in the code editor and not as a page in the browser (you can still edit any file from the context menu).
- The contents of directories may now be displayed by name, by size, or by date.
- Directory synchronization is now added, with a new icon on the top toolbar.
- The mouse cursor change to the type progress while a file operation is processed.
2.0 - December 19, 2014
- The Socket.io framework has been replaced by the WS framework server side and by the standard WebSocket object browser side. This results in a faster program.
- The editor now supports highlighted code to main programming languages and a syntax checker. It is now a development tool suitable for scripting.
- Unzip added to the context menu and you can now use drag and drop to extract files from an archive.
- The source code is now placed on GitHub standalone and not included in Tiloid. It remains compatible with it.
1.1 - January 14, 2014
- Drag and drop is implemented for copying a file or group of files.
File(s) copied remain always selected, for a further deletion of the source if you want to move files.
- New brown icons replace the green icons on the top bar, and blue icons on the panel bars.
- File names with special characters like & was not recognized. They are now.
- Added management of bookmarks with two new icons in the URL bar.
- A directory can be added to favorites. Displaying list of favorites (computer icon to the left of the path) provides access to the most commonly used directories. This also serves on Windows to access storage units.
- An image is better adjusted to fit the right panel whatever its dimensions.
- Some other minor corrections.
1.0 - January 8, 2013
- Advanced Explorer and Tiloid are put online on Github.
A suggest? Add a comment...