Advanced Explorer - Questions et réponses
I thank the authors of the following libraries, in alphabetical order:
- ACE. By Cloud9. Code and text editor. BSD license.
- ADM-ZIP. By Another D-Mention. Node module for reading and extracting archives. We do not use it for creation for now. MIT license.
- Chooser. By scriptol / Denis Sureau. Client file management code. LGPL.
- Explorer. By scriptol / Denis Sureau. Node.js module file management. LGPL.
The icons come from the following packs:
- Tango Icon Gallery. Pack of icons for file editor in the public domain.
- Crystal Clear Wikimedia Foundation. LGPL.
- Open Office. Apache license.
- And icons made specifically for AE.
Why not using a WYSIWYG editor?
In the context of use that would not be really relevant. I actually tried a dozen different editors, WYSIWYG or not, including the most popular, as Tiny MCE or CKEditor. These editors go well with the files they create themselves but do not show anything good when a file created by another program is loaded. For reading files on the fly in directories, they are not suitable. In addition they tend to edit files they load, and add tags, and it's still a drawback.
Finally, the ACE editor is clearly one of the best choice due to the extent of its capabilities, and it can replace both a notes editor like NotePad and a source code editor. And you can still view the page in WYSIWYG since AE works in the browser!
How do I create a directory?
There is no icon for this because the name is entered directly in the path field at the top of the file list. The program just requests confirmation.
You may ask for other questions using the comment form ....