Online interface running on your site to launch check and optimization tools to improve ranking in search engine results.
Prerequisite: PHP 4 or PHP 5 for some scripts.
License: GNU GPL 3.
How it works
Bioloide is a tabbed interface, each tab for a script that check an aspect of the site or contribute to its content, which is the case of RSS editor for example.
It is easy to add a script, a tab will be created automatically by the setup program included.
Bioloide works for the moment on site made of static pages. Versions tailored to CMS are planned for a second time.
How to use the software
- Extract the archive into a directory on your site, and put it online with a FTP client such as FTP Synchronizer.
- The installation program allows you to enter a password. So start by install.php.
You can choose automatic login by using your IP address. But avoid it if you work in a shared environment (eg cyber cafe).
Even if your computer is automatically recognized, you must enter a password for the event or you have to work on another computer.
- Delete install.php on the server.
- This step once taken, the tabs and to scripts become active.
- Above at right you can see a link on the setup program. It allows you to add new scripts to the interface ...
To launch the program, if it is installed in the directory http://www.yoursite.tld/bioloide/ enter this URL in the adress box of a browser.
Adding a tool to the interface
To do this, upload the script in the same directory as Bioloide. Then go to the setup to create a tab.
Type the name of the script for the label on the tab, and below the filename, and click on "Add a Tool".
Then click on "Save and restart Bioloide".
The list will be augmented frequently.
- RSS Reader.
ARA RSS editor has been incorporated.
- Analytics Checker.
For a number of days, pages modified (gray) that contain Analytics code (green) and those containing Adsense ads (red) or both (magenta).
Generate automatically an image gallery, from checked files in a list built by the tool.
- Auto RSS
Display a list of recent posts and an RSS button to add them to the feed.
A compress function removes older items to maintain the size of the feed within choosen limits.
- Last Modified.
List of files changed since a number of days.
- Zip Archiver.
Build an archive for the whole site or selected files.
You can report other compatible scripts on the forum.
Other scripts are in development and will be added gradually over time.
The software is being updated by uploading the file of the new version over the previous one. There is nothing to uninstall.
The update overwrites the list of tabs. If you have added tabs, delete the file tabs-list.txt before to upload the contents of the archive. Or edit it to add additional scripts.
It is not necessary to repeat the registration process, you must delete the install.php file before uploading the softwat, from the contents of the archive.
Versions and scripts added to each version
- April 8, 2011 - Version 1.6
- Renamed from Bot Lane to Bioloide.
- Zip Creator improved.
- June 30, 2009 - Version 1.5
- Added Zip Creator (zip.php and zipcode.php).
- Improved the Last Modified script and crawler.php.
- June 18, 2009 - version 1.4
- Fixed RSS editor using the new ara class.
- June 10, 2009 - version 1.3 - Revised June 12
- New tool: Gallery (gallery.php and galcode.php).
- Now the script Analytics displays Adsense codes found on the site.
- Analytics is now restricted to HTML pages.
- New field in setup to define webpages extensions.
- Improved the setup interface.
- Minor changes on June 12.
- May 26, 2009 - Version 1.2
- New script: Auto RSS (addrss.php).
- New script: Crawler (crawler.php) is a basic model to build new tools.
- Renamed the setup file to botlane.ini
- Fixed IP auto-login.
- May 2, 2009 - Version 1.1
- Analytics Checker added.
- April 30, 2009 - Version 1.0
- Last Modified.
- RSS Editor.
The interface has been created with the following tools:
- CSS Tab Panel. Among the three proposed systems, the one that uses frames is best suited to our application. Some PHP scripts could not work in iframes.
- Dynamic HTML Select. To build the setup script.
- The Anaa Ajax framework is used by the RSS reader.