AEJE retains the same principles of operation that AE, with two panels and some innovative features already present in the Java edition. For example, when you want to delete a file, it is shown as strikethrough in the list. Another example, the copy/rename function to ease file management.
Display on two panels
ACE embedded text editor
Coming soon ...
New features will be added in future releases.
- FTP access: each panel will be able to open a remote site.
- Photo gallery. Replacing file list with images with labels.
Features of the Java edition that have not yet been implemented yet:
- List of tools to launch with the selected file.
- List of frequently open directories.
- Selecting files to display by extension.
- The command line window that opens onto a directory.
Java functions that are not implemented.
- The search function of files on disk is useless as provided by the operating system (this was not the case for Windows in 1999). But in a directory a tree search could be included.
Credit, FAQ and license
The list of tools that have helped create AEJE, is provided in the list of questions and answers.
AEJE is licensed under Creative Common with permission to create personal versions not to be released publicly without permission. The text is included in the archive.
See also Advanced Explorer vs Windows Explorer, for the differences between the two programs.