AEJE retains the same principles of operation that AE, with two panels and some innovative features already present in the Java edition. For example, when you want to delete a file, it is shown as strikethrough in the list. Another example, the copy/rename function to ease file management.
Display on two panels
ACE embedded text editor
Coming soon ...
New features will be added in future releases.
- FTP access: each panel will be able to open a remote site.
- Photo gallery. Replacing file list with images with labels.
Features of the Java edition that have not yet been implemented, but will be:
- Comparing two directories.
- Associating a software to an extension.
- List of tools to launch with the selected file.
- List of frequently open directories.
- Selecting files to display by extension.
- The command line window that opens onto a directory.
Java functions that are not implemented.
- The search function of files on disk is useless as provided by the operating system (this was not the case for Windows in 1999). But in a directory a tree search could be included.
- 2.4 - January 20, 2015.
- 2.0 - December 19, 2014.
- 1.1 - January 14, 2014.
- 1.0 - First version available on January 8, 2012.
See the list of changes from version to version.
Download and Documentation
Download Advanced Explorer on Github
Download as a zip file and extract the archive at the root of a local drive.
Download and install Node.js. Put the files in the same directory that Advanced Explorer or make it visible throught the PATH variable on Windows.
Edit the aexplorer.ini file to add the path of your browser. For example Chrome 64 bits on Windows:
zip=pkzip -add -path browser=chrome
On Windows you need also Pkzip 2.5 and on Linux Gzip.
To launch the program type:
Credit, FAQ and license
The list of tools that have helped create AEJE, is provided in the list of questions and answers.
AEJE is licensed under Creative Common with permission to create personal versions not to be released publicly without permission. The text is included in the archive.
See also Advanced Explorer vs Windows Explorer, for the differences between the two programs.