Building a personal robot
The steps of the design and manufacturing of a open source humanoid robot.
The project of making a personal robot may seem ambitious, but seeing the apathy of players in this sector and their total lack of imagination, we are sure to achieve a better and cheaper product.
Some tools will be needed:
- A 3D printer to manufacture components.
- Some Arduino cards to interface members to the control center.
- One or more computers. The robot can have a single computer like the Rasperry whose role is to pass on orders from a remote computer, the later being more powerful and connected to databases. But here we enter the actual design ...
- A software interface for interaction and control. It is based on Tiloid, another development project, Node.js and HTML 5.
- A learning software. Based on Canvas, it allows to experiment movements and then generates process as JSON files that will be used by the onboard computer.
We will detail the elements of the robot...
- A computer for a robot. Which model to use to start?
- Actuators. We have to make them ourselve so that they are better suited to specific functions related to the element of the robot.
- The hand. We'll see how the develop sensitivity and responsiveness.
- The leg. It will be not difficult to do something less ridiculous than that currently offer manufacturers.
And give ideas on how to make them work ...
- Essence of learning by a robot. Rather than using algorithms, it will be much easier to learn by hand.
Many other chapters to come. Needless to say, this is a long term project.