Programming for the Web, mobiles and the desktop
Algorithms and algorithmics
The interest of algorithms is gaining in importance: optimizing the use of resources is more and more essential on new platforms, and applications are becoming more varied, see the amazing graphic algorithmes for example.
Defining exactly the word "Algorithm" is no so easy.
The first algorithms was written by the ancients, that of Euclid and Eratosthenes are still used.
Algorithms may be classified by nature, by purpose, by complexity, and so ones...
- List of all the algorithms
More than 300 algorithms in any domain.
- Amazing graphic algorithms to enhance or transform pictures.
Save days of works by automatically apply transformations.
- The binary search algorithm.
- Algorithms to fake photos and videos
A visage on a photo may be made pretty, automatically.
- A master
of the Go game beaten by the UCT algorithm
Mogo and the UCT algorithm beat a human opponent at master level in the game of Go for the first time on March 22, 2008.
A history of languages that shows new features first appeared with each language, and thanks to a comparison table and cards on the most popular languages, the ability to compare them according to features, syntax, with lot of examples of code. A comparison of popular programming language and a description of each of them.
- Alphabetical list of programming languages
All languages with a compiler or an interpreter, and historical languages.
list by dates
Chronology of computer languages, from 1946 to today.
- Comparison of popular and new languages
How to choose a language according to your projects.
- History and evolution of computer languages
Various concepts and designs for a programming language, features bring with each new language.
- Authorized translations: Français.
- List of features of programming languages
All attributes they can have and the date of first implementation by a language.
- Programming paradigms nowadays.
- 5 languages with no programmer.
Although they implemented impressive features, they had not interested programmers. Before creating a language, we must address their experience.
- Quotes about programming languages.
Examples of instructions or common algorithms in all languages...
world program in 200 programming languages
The simplest possible program in any languages.
The algorithm written in the most popular programming languages.
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
The true algorithm. Compute prime number in any language
Web applications and mobiles are becoming the main focus of software development today, as these areas tend to merge.
Technologies are being developed for these platforms: frameworks, development tools, interfaces ...
Cards for the major terms with a description and links to tools or essentials articles.
Evolution of programming
The language of scripts in HTML has become a universal programming language. It is interesting to follow the evolution of programmer tools in time ...
- Popularity of programming languages in 2014.
- Programming in 2010-2015. New languages, new platforms, and more sophisticated tools.
- Programming in 2005-2010. The advent of Web programming.
- Introduction to programming. Classical tools and choice of a language.
- The year 2012 - 2011 - 2010. 2009. 2008.